Thursday 20 October 2016

God's Timing Is Always On Time!

Scripture Setting: This very day, you can see with your own eyes it isn't true. For the Lord, God placed you at my mercy in the cave. Some of my men told me to kill you, but I spared you. For I said, "I will never harm the ðŸ‘‘ King---he is the Lord's anointed one." 1 Samuel 24:10

There are times when it's best to wait for God to act instead of trying to make things happen ourselves. It's a lesson we see clearly when David refuse to take King Saul's life, even though was hounding his life like an animal in his quest to take his life (1 Samuel 24). When Saul was alone and vulnerable in a cave, David's men told him that this was a God-given opportunity to take the kingship that rightfully belonged to him (v. 4). But David refused saying, "The Lord forbid that I should do this to my lord the ðŸ‘‘ king and attack the Lord's anointed one, for the Lord himself has chosen him" (v. 6). 

After Saul left the cave, David called out to him, "May the Lord judge between us. Perhaps the Lord will punish you for what you are trying to do to me, but I will never harm you."" (v. 12). David knew that God had chosen him to become king. But he also knew that killing Saul was not the right way to make it happen. He would in patience wait for God to remove Saul from the throne.

Today, is there an obstacle between you and something that is rightfully yours? You believe it's God's will, but the method of obtaining it and the timing don't seem right. My encouragement to each of us today, is to, think long and pray hard before taking a bad path toward a good goal. 

Waiting for God to act is the best opportunity for the right things to happen his way. God's timing is always right, I admonish each of us today, to wait patiently for him. "For they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength . . ." 

Pastor Lester Parkinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment